Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Making it Portable

In the beginning I decided I want this to be a portable art. Something to do in those” wait times” of life. I found a memo pad that is 3x3 inches. It has a hard cover on it with a slot for a picture. Found at Good Will! I also have a bigger sketchbook with a spiral edge which is great. It is 7x7 inches and has a rubber strap at the page edge to hold it together which really is NICE!  I carry a small plastic pencil box. I use a soft pencil, eraser, also an ultra fine line sharpie marker, and a silver metallic medium point marker and a medium point black sharpie. All this fits in my purse or sometimes I just put it a big zip lock bag.

The zentangle group teaches over 200 patterns to their certified teachers. They offer a three day workshop. If that interests you, check out their website http://www.zentangle.com./
I have found several on the web through Google’s Image Search. It led me to other blogs like this one where artists share pattern directions. When I find one I like, I copy the directions onto a 3x5 index card. I also found a plastic index card holder at Walmart that holds the cards. It is perfect! How do you keep it portable? Or is your approach completely different?

No comments:

Post a Comment